Weight Loss Procedures
Weight Loss Procedures Offered at Las Vegas Surgical Associates
Benefits to sleeve gastrectomy:
- Restricted amount of food/calories that can be consumed
- Hormonal changes suppress hunger and reduce appetite
Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery explanation with Dr. Roy C. Gan
- A small pouch (about the size of an egg) is created in the top portion of the stomach, dividing it from the rest of the stomach. The larger part of the stomach remains in your body, but no longer stores or digests food.
- The small intestine is also divided and connected to the new stomach pouch to allow food to pass. Food bypasses the rest of the stomach and is then redirected to an area farther down in your digestive system.
Gastric bypass aids weight loss by:
- Restricting the amount of food that your stomach holds
- Limiting the amount of calories and nutrients your body absorbs
- Changing your gut hormones, which help you feel fuller faster & longer, contribute to appetite suppression, and the reversal of obesity-caused metabolic syndrome
Gastric Bypass Surgery explanation with Dr. Roy C. Gan